12.31.2010

eXpectations of the Human Being

this morning I was not feelin' my P90X workout >Legs &Back< edition. mostly because I was sore from yesterday's Yoga X and completely exhausted from working for 10 hours last night at a nonstop busy restaurant.... a month ago when I started the journey of the X I expected to complete the workout specified for that day of the week without hesitation. yet this morning, i hesitated. I sat there in front of the little TV in my workout gear trying to come up with one terrific excuse why i shouldn't push play. sure, i came up with a lot of GOOD excuses but not a terrific one. So i got myself as pumped up as Tony is all the dang time and completed over 120 pull ups, 25 different leg exercises ranging from wall sits to calf lunges and a bonus ab ripper x workout and guess what? i feel TERRIFIC! a little light headed but thats nothing some 'very cherry' yogurt won't fix...
we need more people like me in this world....  yeah i said it! like me. too many individuals go through their days expecting less of themselves than they should. then when they fail to meet their self put expectations that makes them even more of a wuss. they come up with way too many GOOD excuses that cloud their vision of their one true desire, dream or goal. whether that desire is to have a rockin' body or that dream is to own their own art studio or their goal is to simply get through the day without losing hope. whatever it is, set it higher. push yourself beyond your limits you have set for yourself. 
"Limits? Mandy, I have no limits, I can touch the sky higher than you can" 
okay hot shot then why aren't you? i see you.
i'm already reaching for the sky, not just claiming that i can. well actually I'm claiming I can too but the point is we need more challenge in this world, challenge from ourselves to ourselves. challenge yourself to exceed your ordinary goals and to meet your extraordinary desires. there is nothing wrong with that, let me say that again: there is nothing wrong with that! nothing weird, nothing irresponsible, nothing naive, nothing stupid, nothing crazy, nothing ignorant, etc. about challenging yourself to exceed your goals, desires, dreams or whatever you may have. my question to you hesitaters is 'what is the point of having any type of goal if  you don't reach it in order to create another stinkin' one?'
i would like an answer if you can think of a GOOD one... :)
challenge me today
challenge me tomorrow
forever i will stay
never will i borrow
the strength i use to say
yours is the sorrow
of that long day
lost cuz you are bizzaro


No comments:

Post a Comment